- internet: wow pewdiepie is so egotistical he only uses his fans for money
- pewdiepie: *believes he doesn't deserve the fans he has and regularly gives thanks to his viewers for allowing him to do something he loves as a living*
- internet: omg pewdiepie never did a charity livestream he doesn't really care about charity!!!!!! 11! one
- pewdiepie: *instead of doing the ice bucket challenge he talked about ALS and donated $1,000. also has done several events before-hand for charity and becomes upset when media cares more about the money he makes than the amount him and his fans have donated to charities*
- internet: wow he's the most subscribed channel and his videos are the same quality as everyone else he's obviously not taking youtube seriously
- pewdiepie: *does every video himself including editing with no form of high-end editing setup. also has a LIFE and cannot sit at his computer 24/7 editing videos at lightning speed*
- internet: pewds is so offensive he makes rape jokes!!!
- pewdiepie: *made several rape jokes in his earlier youtube days which he has previously apologized for and has not made another joke like that since. yes wow it's possible for people to become aware of current problems and change their thinking!!*
- internet: wow pewds is so immature just cussing and lame jokes all his fans must be 12-year-old little boys
- pewdiepie: *understands that people have different taste in humor and is not bothered by the fact some do not like his material. has fans all over the world INCLUDING SINGAPORE and age demographic ranges from roughly 12-25 years*
So I made the decision to turn comments off on my videos. You can see why here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_hHKlEZ9Go&list=UU-lHJZR3Gqxm24_Vd_AJ5Yw
I noticed today while messing with the settings in YouTube that you can invite certain type of people to comment on the video and block out others.
I was thinking we could set up a PayPal and anyone who donates more than $1 will get invited to this group and will be able to comment as normal.
I’m not looking to make this into a thing where I’m just taking money. So all the money would go toward charity.
It might be hell to setup and if many bros donate, well.. I’d have to hire someone to do all this work of invitation etc for me.
So before I go further I wanted to check with you bros if you think its a good idea or not.
You can vote here: http://strawpoll.me/2456238
Thanks for participating!
Edit: I found some more negative reasons:
1. Not everyone has a PayPal.
2. Taking money to PayPal is risky and even though I would be 100% transparent, some people might think I’m just taking the money. (Which anyone who knows me, know I would never do).
3. It’s probably too complicated to actually work. It sounds good on paper but, yeah… Ill probably wont pursue this unfortunately.